Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Can I apply to a university if I only took a year of Spanish ?

hosnekt456hosnekt456 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Hi.I am a junior this and I am going into my senior year .One of the universities that I want to go is the University of Tampa in Florida. I have taken a year of Spanish in my freshmen year .I also speak Bengali ,English ,know read and write Arabic , can have a basic conversation in Hindi.On the admissions page for the University of Tampa ,they said that I had to take 2 years of a languages but I can't because my sophomore to mu junior year was filled math classes that I had to take,Will I be able to apply to University of Tampa?

Replies to: Can I apply to a university if I only took a year of Spanish ?

• hosnekt456hosnekt456 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I took a year of Spanish ,speak Bengali and English fluently and I know how to read Arabic and write the Arabic alphabet .I have 3 years of Arabic.
  • HImomHImom Registered User Posts: 29,254 Senior Member
    I'd contact the U of Fl, since that's the place you're interested in. Explain what you've explained here and I suspect you will be fine.