Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

FIU lowest chances

leslie1212leslie1212 Posts: 15Registered User New Member
whats the lowest GPA and test score accepted by FIU?
Post edited by leslie1212 on

Replies to: FIU lowest chances

• del_psidel_psi Posts: 229Registered User Junior Member
    The lowest I've heard of this year was around 3.0 unweighted but they count weighted grades as well and a 1700 out of 2400 on the SAT. I called them and they said they require at least a 1700 for the SAT but I don't know about the unweighted/weighted GPA.
  • NomoreyearsNomoreyears Posts: 41Registered User Junior Member
    Accepted with a 1090/1670, GPA 3.9w 3.5 uw good ECs
    They didn't accept me until my total SAT score was 1210 / 1720 , my UW at the time was a 3.155 and my weighted was a 5.088( lots of dual enrollment /AP). I submitted the form in October and got an acceptance thing in January. I didn't submit any thing with extra curriculum activities.
    FIU should be weeding out more students but I guess they have a quota to fill or something because they want to keep whatever students that are still there as well.
  • NomoreyearsNomoreyears Posts: 41Registered User Junior Member
    You're right, Ecs not requested in application but I sent separately.

Good luck 1212
  • jasoninpinesjasoninpines Posts: 201Registered User Junior Member
    FIU/FAU doesn't turn down anybody. And if they do, you shouldn't be in college to be fair.
  • m1e1m1m1e1m1 Posts: 56Registered User Junior Member
    FIU accepts everybody
    MDC accepts everybody not FIU. The last time I checked the acceptance rate was reported to be in the high 30's in terms of %.
  • jasoninpinesjasoninpines Posts: 201Registered User Junior Member
    30%? Yeah right...
    Florida International University - Best Colleges - Education - US News and World Report
    Fall 2007 Acceptance rate: 35.9 %
    What does that acceptance rate refer to?

College acceptance rates: How many get in? - USATODAY.com

I think I understand , there fall acceptance rate is around 30-something percent but not their total admitted.
    It was like 44.7% for 2007-2008
    http://w3.fiu.edu/irdata/_Fact%20Book/Admissions/admissions_data.pdf
  • LawhopefulLawhopeful Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    FIU has a 32.7% admissions rate, This makes FIU the most selective university in Florida http://tinyurl.com/c2pzxr

UF had a 41% admissions rate
  • FAU_GuyFAU_Guy Posts: 243Registered User Junior Member
    >> FIU/FAU doesn't turn down anybody. And if they do, you shouldn't be in college to be fair.

FAU admits ~45% of the people who apply. We've rejected over 7000 people so far for Fall '09/'10. With the new Rec Center, cafeteria, dorms and surge in Greek Life, FAU is becoming a more popular choice and thus a more selective university.
  • BOO BEARBOO BEAR Posts: 13Registered User New Member
    Although the percentage of those accepted is lower than say the percentage of UF, it doesn't mean much especially since the quality of their applicants differ incredibly. People who apply to UF as opposed to FIU are very different. Usually with much higher GPA's, etc. Plus, a reason why they might reject many more people is because they get so many applicants with such low qualifications.
    Well I guess the average student going to UF would be more serious than the average student going to FIU. Most people with low qualifications go to MDC (100% acceptance rate last time I checked) instead of FIU and end up transferring with an AA. UF tends to attract better students because it's more well known , but FIU will still get some good students. I only applied to FIU and I have decent qualifications ( 5.549 weighted GPA , 60-something college credits after this semester and a 28 on the ACT).
  • JOKER23JOKER23 Posts: 565Registered User Member
    In my school everybody and their mother made it, its not a bad university though, i know a lot of people that did not make it to UF so they just went to FIU, they are top 10%.