Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Nearby Publix at FSU?

Cteeples5Cteeples5 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
edited February 2012 in Florida State University
I just got accepted to FSU for Fall of 2012 and I work at a Publix in Tampa. I was thinking of transferring to a Publix near FSU and was wondering which one would be a good choice? Any suggestions?
Post edited by Cteeples5 on

Replies to: Nearby Publix at FSU?

• papertiger87papertiger87 Posts: 681Registered User Member
    I heard the one one Tennessee St. is good, that's the one I'm hoping to transfer to. Buuuut you're not guaranteed to get transferred to that store b/c so many want to transfer to that one when the school year rolls around. If you have excellent evaluations you'll have a good chance.
  • PasbalPasbal Posts: 1,550Registered User Senior Member
    There's about a billion Publix supermarkets in Tallahassee. Okay, so really there's only 11, but that's a lot for a place like Tallahassee that only has 3 Walmart stores.

The one closest to campus is the one on Ocala Road, which is right on the bus route for the Heritage Grove line.

There's also one on Monroe near campus, but it's much farther away.
  • Matt125Matt125 Posts: 762Registered User Member
    The one on Ocala is the one everyone on campus goes to. It's referred to as "Club Pub," and I believe it was voted as one of the top places to meet your future spouse. Place is rarely not hopping.
  • PasbalPasbal Posts: 1,550Registered User Senior Member
    I'll agree with that. No matter what time I've been there- ranging from about 15 minutes after they opened to 15 minutes before they closed- they've always had a ton of cars in the parking lot and a ton of people in the store. If you go down three aisles in a row and there aren't people, you're one lucky person.
  • Cteeples5Cteeples5 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    Ok thanks! :)