Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

FSU CARE Program

elp2014elp2014 Posts: 1Registered User New Member
Hello!
I am a senior and I applied to FSU (summer term): I got deferred because of my ACT reading score, it doesn't met the minimum requirement for admission (I'm one point off), so I will be taking the next ACT.
I also applied for the CARE Program because I am a first generation student and meet the other requirements.
I sent my CARE application in November 26th (which is kinda late I guess);
but I wanted to know if anybody knew around what time I should expect a decision..
FSU is my first choice and I really want to go there.
I applied to four schools (all public universities in Florida) and I got accepted to all of them except for FSU..
I'm a great student, I am dual enrolled full-time (I have a college GPA of 4.0) and have a really good high school GPA. My ACT score is a 23 though :( , so I know that decreases my chances of getting into the CARE Program..
It really sucks though, the only college that I actually want to attend is the ONLY college that is denying me..
If anyone knows when I should expect an answer please let me know..