Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

how competitive is Fordham?

DverDver Posts: 107Registered User Junior Member
edited February 2007 in Fordham University
I did a lot of research and came out with the conclusion that Fordham is a very good school, people seem to be very friendly there and the location is very good, although RH is in Bronx, i still liked the old building and the college surroundings. I think it offers a lot of good courses, and i would be very happy if i can go to that school.
But how competitive is it? Is it difficult to get in? I heard it got more competitive this year; i would not disagree with it because it really does seem to be a good school!
Post edited by Dver on

Replies to: how competitive is Fordham?

• rainoffire87rainoffire87 Posts: 110Registered User Junior Member
    Fordham is competitive and getting much more so over the years. In 2001, acceptance rate= 63% avg sat around 1120. 2003, acc. rate= 55% avg sat around 1160. 2005- acc rate= 50% avg sat 1210, 2006 acc rate= 46% avg sat= 1205. .. despite the slight decrease in sat scores (barely even noticeable), fordham is definitely a school on the rise. It looks to be extremely competitive this yr-- Fordham admiss said over 21,500 apps this yr. Looks like I applied just in time haha.
  • DverDver Posts: 107Registered User Junior Member
    Yes it does seem to get more and more competitive. I actually really hope that sat is not the most important factor to be considered there. I think i did not do too well on it, but I know I have good grades at school etc.
    I would be delighted if i can go to US this year and Fordham seems to be one of the best school for me. No wonder it is getting more competitive!
  • AlexOCLCAlexOCLC Posts: 10Registered User New Member
    While SATs are important to any competitive school, being a Jesuit University, Fordham weighs heavily on the application as a whole. The essay is one of the biggest part of the process. The counselors really want to get a sense of who you are as a person and whether Fordham is truly the right school for you.