Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Chance me? :)

weaponcaptain27weaponcaptain27 Posts: 235Registered User Junior Member
edited July 2012 in Georgetown University
I'm a Filipino-American female about to be a senior at a non-competitive high school.

My GPA is a 3.8UW/4.6W. ACT 30, SAT 1880. (Please don't judge from this alone, I know it's not good.)

The AP's I've taken are:
World (3)
US History (waiting)
Psychology (waiting)

My senior year schedule is:
AP Calc AB
AP Gov/economics
Physics honors (no AP available)
AP Literature
AP Biology
AP Human Geography
Eurhythmics/Instrumental Ensemble (colorguard)

I've taken other college classes but they are dual enrollment (English Comp & Lit, and College Algebra and Stats)

I've only gotten 3 B's so far (in College English Lit, AP US, and College stats)

I've been the marching band's colorguard captain for 2 years, I'm the vice president of NHS, the president of Students Working Against Tobacco and the president and founding member of Drug-Free Youth (community organization). I'm also a competing member in the Academic Olympics, I'm in MAT, and Key Club.

I have community service hours doing community advocating with SWAT and D-FY and for assisting the local middle school in their S.T.E.M. program, T.S.A club, and technology education class, as well as being a "counselor" in the middle school's mini-colorguard camp. I have about 300 hours doing this.
Post edited by weaponcaptain27 on

Replies to: Chance me? :)

• weaponcaptain27weaponcaptain27 Posts: 235Registered User Junior Member
    ...Bumpp...
  • return25283return25283 Posts: 30Registered User New Member
    Hi! So your ACT and SAT scores could definitely be improved, but i see you already notice this. Your GPA seems to be good as well, do you know your class rank at all? I really like your ECs, you have a lot of leadership positions and should definitely try to emphasis on your application! Just study a lot for those SATs/ACTs, don't forget about SAT IIs, and write an amazing essay and I would say you have a great shot at Georgetown (:
  • MilkShaikhMilkShaikh Posts: 49Registered User Junior Member
    Agree with return25283. Fantastic EC's, but you gotta get those standardized tests up! Good luck.