Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Early Action Notification

Paulus89Paulus89 Posts: 323Registered User Member
edited December 2007 in Georgetown University
OK, so we know that both acceptances and deferrals are sent in the same small envelope.

When do decisions arrive? Does Georgetown mail on the 15th, or in advance of the 15th?

Also, I have heard something about receiving a decision via email in addition to the snail mail decision, but this didn't sound right to me. I suppose it is plausible considering they have our email addresses and have sent several application status emals...does anyone know anything about the email notification?

17 days, 5 hours, 34 minutes, and fifty some-odd seconds until Friday, December 15th (EST)!!
Post edited by Paulus89 on

Replies to: Early Action Notification

• stu64kstu64k Posts: 155Registered User Junior Member
    they're supposed to arrive by the 15th. Several people from last year said they received their letter as early as the 10th. I heard the same thing about them emailing us, but for some reason I feel as if Georgetown is a school that sticks with the letters.
  • Dave_BerryDave_Berry Posts: 33,346CC Admissions Expert Senior Member
    letters are classically awesome. and so is georgetown. so it makes sense..
  • bobbinheadollbobbinheadoll Posts: 66Registered User Junior Member
    If you check last years early results thread they start posting on the 11th. The first poster was from NV, meaning s/he lived a couple zip codes away. It really depends how far you live. They mail it on the 10th(last year) so if you live in Cali prepare for a long wait while people around DC should get it on the 11th.

This is all based off conclusions from last year, it may vary so dont hold me accountable when you don't get the letter until the 15th.
  • FortuneZeroFortuneZero Posts: 14Registered User New Member
    Nevada isn't a couple of zip codes away from DC. Was that a typo?
  • AkajjredAkajjred Posts: 728Registered User Member
    NV=Northern Virginia
  • domesticandomestican Posts: 202Registered User Junior Member
    Does anyone really associate NV with Northern Virginia before Nevada, though?
  • DanishBoyDanishBoy Posts: 141Registered User Junior Member
    obviously he did. haha
  • GirlAGirlA Posts: 55Registered User Junior Member
    I always heard it called NoVa instead of NV. I was wondering how a letter go to Nevada so quickly.
    Us Marylanders have always called it NoVa aswell.
  • Dave_BerryDave_Berry Posts: 33,346CC Admissions Expert Senior Member
    yea, actually nobody calls it NV, and i should know since i live in virginia...

paulus89, are you a duke bball fan?? haha
  • Paulus89Paulus89 Posts: 323Registered User Member
    no, i am not a fan of duke bball. why?
  • bobbinheadollbobbinheadoll Posts: 66Registered User Junior Member
    Well I suck at life. I was trying to say North Virgnia
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 104Registered User Junior Member
    hmm... any chance any new yorkers remember when they got their letters? i would expect the 15th, give or take a day or so...
  • nct3nct3 Posts: 164Registered User Junior Member
    greg paulus is duke's point guard, that's why he asked. He had two or three brothers play football at Georgetown btw.
    Georgetown lost to Oregon tonight. 4-2 isn't the best way to start...
This discussion has been closed.