Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

National Merit Finalist-Scholarships from Georgetown?

sat908sat908 Posts: 400Registered User Member
edited March 2005 in Georgetown University
hey, if you are named a national merit finalist, and you name georgetown as your first choice school(providing you are accepted), does georgetown give you any sort of schoalrship...i know state schools give a ridiculous amount (such as USF), but i'm not sure how georgetown works...anybody know?
Post edited by sat908 on

Replies to: National Merit Finalist-Scholarships from Georgetown?

• sportulasportula Posts: 107Registered User Junior Member
    I'm pretty sure they don't give out any money for National Merit Scholarships.
  • sat908sat908 Posts: 400Registered User Member
    thats kinda dissapointing...
  • untie_the_cowsuntie_the_cows Posts: 71Registered User Junior Member
    You should be able to find this info on their website. If they participate in the national merit scholarship program, then they probably give some money. I think the fancier, more selective schools like G-town usually give something really small, like maybe $2500/year (thats what Columbia gives)
  • manderz1manderz1 Posts: 662Registered User Member
    I don't think they give anything
  • HoyaMomHoyaMom Posts: 109. Junior Member
    We were told at the accepted students reception that Georgetown does not give "merit scholarships" because most kids who go there would get a full ride anywhere else. It's probably true. My S turned down literally dozens of them to go to G'town. I guess the thinking is if they can fill the class with that caliber of students without offering $ why not save it for the economically disadvantaged kids who couldn't attend without the scholarships.