Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Transfer to Ga Tech in Spring 2013?

estudiamuchoestudiamucho Posts: 1Registered User New Member
Hello, I am a female Asian-hispanic. I am not mix, but I was born in Panama which makes me hispanic because my first language is spanish. I want to transfer to Georgia tech for Industrial Engineering, My overall GPA is 3.48 and my math/science is 3.53. I am currently classes like english composition 1 and linear algebra which are required to apply. I want to apply for spring because is much easier than fall; however, I haven't finished these classes yet.
Should I apply even though I havent finished all these classes? I already took Calc 1,2,3,Equations diff, Physic 1&2, Chem 1, Statistic, thermo and others classes in Panama.

Also, if in case I get accepted for spring 2013, can I not study in spring and start my classes on Fall 2013?
Thanks
Post edited by estudiamucho on

Replies to: Transfer to Ga Tech in Spring 2013?

• illestfa5illestfa5 Posts: 61Registered User Junior Member
    To your last question, I don't think you can do that. As they need deposits or else they pick somebody else for the slot.

And GT admission told me that they won't calculate your current classes into your current GPA for admission of Spring 2013. But I do believe that it will transfer after you have completed them though. Just not counted for credits/gpa towards competing for Spring 2013. If that made any sense lol. But idk, i hear females are easily accepted into the school though! Seems like your gpa is good enough!
  • BrettKaiBrettKai Posts: 11Registered User New Member
    I am now a freshmen, I decide to apply to GT next year, can you give me some tips on that?