Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Research and Engineering Grad School

grepreppergreprepper Posts: 18Registered User New Member
edited December 2011 in Graduate School
Hi,

I'm interested in the top engineering grad schools. Undergraduate research experience seems like an important criterion for admission. I've been busy with other extracurriculars so I've never had time to do research. Is this going to hurt me significantly?
Post edited by greprepper on

Replies to: Research and Engineering Grad School

• tetrahedr0ntetrahedr0n Posts: 1,953Registered User Senior Member
    Are you applying for a PhD program? In that case, yes. Other ECs don't matter at all. Research matters a great deal. So yeah, it's not good.

If you're applying to masters programs, the importance of research is a bit less intense. But your ECs still won't help.
  • grepreppergreprepper Posts: 18Registered User New Member
    I'm applying for masters programs. I'm interested in research but I never had the time. Any tips on how I should position myself?
  • caviarcaviar Posts: 10Registered User New Member
    bump...similar question. How important is research for top terminal master's or M.Eng program? I assume most of these are course-based rather than research-based...