Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Research Questions and Engineering Grad School

iambored10iambored10 Posts: 1,571Registered User Senior Member
So, I'm doing research in a lab currently but I'm getting really bored. I dont have my own project but I'm working together with a graduate student on a project that is really interesting to me. The problem is, i'm not doing much. My graduate student tells me to stuff that I find really boring- label this, mill this, and extrude this. Sometimes I come into lab and there isn't much to do. I feel like I'm wasting my time but I know I need research for grad school and that is my only motivation to go to lab everyday (I've only been in this lab for the past three weeks , by the way). Should I continue researching or approach someone about my situation?
Also, I'm trying to apply to Chemical Engineering graduate school (Masters, not interested in Ph.D), and I'm wondering what graduate schools I have a shot at. I currently will have a 3.45-3.5 GPA by the end of this semester graduating from a top 10 program. I will have a year of research under my belt by the end of next fall. My GRE have been approximately 770Q 500V. Also I've had two internships