Need a bit of perspective on my chances.
Quick app bio and stats:
- Founded non-profit organization (youth homeless job training and employment) senior year of high school; have been running it as operations director for 6 years (2006-present)
- Over 250 kids between 17-25 found full employment as a result of our program. Have partnered with the Salvation Army, Homeboy Industries, and the Sheila Kar Foundation for various project implementations.
- Started up college education at CC (Los Angeles Pierce College) 2009
- Earned 4.0, got into UCLA Stanford Berkeley USC etc
- Transferred to USC on full academic scholarship 2010
- Graduating next Spring
- Major: Philosophy, Politics, and Law (PPL)
- Minor: Economics
- GPA: cumulative including Pierce - 3.82, only at USC - 3.63
- GRE: haven't taken it yet but my averages for practice tests taken so far are 710 Quant 630 Verbal. I'm taking it twice - end of November and mid-December
- I have been the Executive Director and President of Students for Obama - California, the official student wing of the Obama for America campaign since July of 2011 (hopefully he wins today)
- Executive Board Member of San Fernando Valley Democratic Party
- Was elected as a Presidential Delegate to the 2012 Democratic National Convention from my Congressional District (30)
- Political Editor of Sonic Eclectic Magazine
- Part-time Development Consultant for Blue Cove LLC (Palo Alto based investment firm)
- So yes, I work about 60 hours a week + full time school
- I'm 25yrs old
I am applying to the following MPA/MPP programs:
Harvard, Princeton, Berkeley, UCLA, USC, Columbia, Georgetown, U of Chicago
Any ideas of my chances or any comments in general?