Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Do I have a chance...

matt199307matt199307 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hello everyone, I just graduated from Indiana University at Bloomington this May, majoring in math and financial economic (double majors), I I really wish to get into a top ten MFE or Master of Financial Mathematics program but I am not sure about my chance due to the lack of leadership and laboratory research experiences. Here's my situation,

Cumulative GPA: 3.51
GRE: 158 on verbal, 168 on math and 4.5 on writing
Did a lot of volunteering throughout my five years at IU
Two internship experiences, one is for the state government, another one is for a mid sized consulting firm

I am currently looking into Stanford, Boston University, CMU and NYU, do I have a chance to at least getting into one of them?

Replies to: Do I have a chance...