Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

M.Ed - Full time Student and Teacher?

andthegiantpeachandthegiantpeach Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Has anyone completed their M.Education degree full-time while also working a full-time teaching job?

As an undergrad student I pushed through 8 classes in one semester once and it was tough but definitely do-able (I had time to meet and date my now-husband at the same time). I also self studied for my Teaching License Exam for about a month and passed on the first try. So I know I have drive. I've never been a Masters degree student before but is hoping to take 3 graduate-level courses each semester plus two for each summer session do-able? That would allow me to take all courses in a calendar year and only have my student teaching for another semester. So 3 semesters total.

I currently have no children and work in a school that requires minimal out of school-time so that's why I'm wanting to get it done now - before those things change.

Thanks so much.

Replies to: M.Ed - Full time Student and Teacher?

• zannahzannah Registered User Posts: 353 Member
    I think a couple of courses may be ok, but you may not have enough time and energy for several night courses during the week. I am glad you don't have lots of school activities. I assume you found your early days of teaching very tiring, but now you don't feel so tired. I would start slowly in graduate school ans see how it works with your teaching obligations. I agree you should get grad school done before life over takes you.