Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Psychology Major and Physiology Minor applying to both MPH and Clinical Psych Ph.D. programs?

broncothepsychbroncothepsych Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I have a commutative GPA of 3.56, and a major of 3.87.

I have two research assistant positions for over a year with the psychology department, an internship at a research lab measuring psychophysiological variables, I had a Community Fellowship with the Regenerative Studies Program for a year, and I have over 2 years of volunteer work working with children with learning disabilities and mental disorders who receive therapy. I've presented research and am planning on presenting at two more conferences. My supervisor for my research assistant position has published our research and I am one of the co-authors listed.

I have GRE scores of 150 for both verbal and quantitative but I am planning on taking it again. I also have taken the psych subject GRE but have not received my score yet.

I want to go into Public Health and specialize on Income Inequality and Diversity, or directly go into a PhD program for Clinical Psych. What do you believe are my chances for both? I'm applying to UCI for MPH and SDSU/UCSD for PhD. More schools but those are my #1 for both degrees.

Replies to: Psychology Major and Physiology Minor applying to both MPH and Clinical Psych Ph.D. programs?