Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

MIT electrical engineering PhD program

crazyforeecrazyforee Posts: 263Registered User Junior Member
edited March 2005 in Graduate School
what are the general stuff i needa have in order to get into MIT electrical engineering phd program? i know stuff like a 4.0 unweighted college gpa, high GRE score, but what else? any work experience that're more useful than others? does college extracurricular matter at all? having a recommendation from a professor who graduated there? any opinoin is appreciated
Post edited by crazyforee on

Replies to: MIT electrical engineering PhD program

• im_blueim_blue Posts: 2,142Registered User Senior Member
    Work experience and college extracurriculars don't matter for grad school (except in cases where it's related to research such as a solar car project). Research experience (and publications if possible), recommendations from well-known faculty, and a competitive undergrad institution are all important to get into top graduate programs. For example, most of the grad students that I know at Stanford EE are from the top 5-10 undergrad EE programs.