Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Examples of people who got into harvard

missionsanmissionsan Posts: 206Registered User Junior Member
edited March 2012 in Harvard University
Im a freshman and want to know how people goy in
Post edited by missionsan on

Replies to: Examples of people who got into harvard

• Tightend81Tightend81 Posts: 174- Junior Member
    My advice: get of CC for a year or so. It'll give you anxiety and burn you out.
  • Swimfreak001Swimfreak001 Posts: 349Registered User Member
    ^ I agree. Don't come back until summer after junior year. CC just stresses you out. :(
  • lolToastylolToasty Posts: 475Registered User Member
    There's no formula. Plenty of people get in for different reasons. There's a thread on this forum about this topic but I don't remember what it was called.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CC
  • DrGoogleDrGoogle Posts: 2,469Registered User Senior Member
    You can look into past acceptance thread. But I would say focus on your grades first.
  • etondadetondad Posts: 1,120Registered User Senior Member
    You're a freshman???? Please, please just live your life, work hard and forget about CC for two years.
  • LaggingLagging Posts: 667Registered User Member
    Stay off CC until junior year. You want to experience high school as more than just a prep for college. You'll have a better idea of the colleges you want to attend later on. A lot can change in 4 years. Don't worry about colleges for a while. Just work hard and have fun.

That said, the people I know personally who were accepted to Harvard include a 4.0 state saxophone soloist winner and a writer/literary author and editor.
  • chillikeyboardchillikeyboard Posts: 69Registered User Junior Member
    just try your best....be unique
  • classicgirllclassicgirll Posts: 522Registered User Member
    Get as close as possible to killing yourself without actually killing yourself
  • lolToastylolToasty Posts: 475Registered User Member
    Don't be so morose, classicgirll. :p haha
  • missionsanmissionsan Posts: 206Registered User Junior Member
    um how do you be unique
  • EllaVirginiaEllaVirginia Posts: 70Registered User Junior Member
    Wouldn't we all like to know ;)
  • classicgirllclassicgirll Posts: 522Registered User Member
    Don't be so morose, classicgirll. :P haha

Haha, I can't help but respond to such inquiries in equally idiotic terms. xD
  • LaggingLagging Posts: 667Registered User Member
    Just find a passion and follow it. I'll tell you some examples from this year's EA admits. National top rock climber, small business ceo (charity organization), author of a novel, etc. There's no cookie cutter formula for how to be unique. Do what you love as best as you can. Uniqueness will ensue.
  • JeffreyTaoJeffreyTao Posts: 171- Junior Member
    ^
    Excuse me but I have actually worked out a formula. I'm selling it for 1000 dollars.
  • T26E4T26E4 Posts: 15,297Registered User Senior Member
    "how do you be unique "

If you have to ask, they you won't be able to achieve it. Either you ARE original and unique or you're not. It's not a list of things to do. It's something you inherently ARE.