Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

is Financial Aid reliable?

075014075014 Posts: 169Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2012 in Harvard University
hello I'd like a clarification:
let's say that somebody has been accepted in harvard but he has no money to pay, (I've understood that financial aid are awarded on the basis of demonstrated financial need and there's a need-blind admission even for international students) to sum up my question is
Will he receive automatically a financial aid even though he can pay nothing? or is there a risk that he can't go there because of his lack of money or a too vast number of applicants who are in the same situation?
Post edited by 075014 on

Replies to: is Financial Aid reliable?

• hopingforbetterhopingforbetter Posts: 804Registered User Member
    Once you are accepted to Harvard, they make sure that you don't have any problem attending it including financial issues. This is the same with all the top schools.
  • gibbygibby Posts: 6,609Registered User Senior Member
    Yes, financial aid is reliable, but it is not automatically given to you. You must apply for financial aid every year and Harvard re-evalutes your family's need every year. So long as your income (and your parents' income) stay about the same, the percentage of what you pay remains the same.

See: Application Instructions. If you applied SCEA and filled out the financial aid forms correctly and on-time, you should receive an estimated financial aid award in mid-December with your acceptance letter. If you did not fill out the forms, you must complete those forms in order to get aid.