Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

1st Quarter Grades

SATACT2013SATACT2013 Posts: 33Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2012 in Harvard University
Does Harvard want to see 1st quarter grades? If so, what is the procedure for sending them?
Post edited by SATACT2013 on

Replies to: 1st Quarter Grades

• gibbygibby Posts: 7,431Registered User Senior Member
    https://www.commonapp.org/CommonApp/Docs/DownloadForms/2013/2013MidYear_download.pdf

Harvard is not interested in your 1st quarter grades, as not every high school is on the quarter system. They ask for a mid-year report (above) which is due around the end of January, beginning of February. So, don't worry about. If you applied SCEA and are accepted or deferred, your guidance counselor will send Harvard the mid-year report, which will include your 1st and 2nd quarter grades.
  • shelly318shelly318 Posts: 156Registered User Junior Member
    Oh really?? @gibby But if our school does send the grades from first quarter, will Harvard look at them at all?
  • gibbygibby Posts: 7,431Registered User Senior Member
    You should ask your guidance counselor if they include 1st quarter senior grades on transcripts sent to colleges. If the grades are on your transcript, then yes, Harvard will look at them -- but there isn't a separate form to send them in.

BTW: The majority of high schools in the US are on the semester system, so this situation does not apply to them.
  • shelly318shelly318 Posts: 156Registered User Junior Member
    Okay that makes sense. I guess my high school is one of the few that does send first quarter grades. So then, they will have probably already started looking at my file, even though one more set of grades will come in about a week?
  • college134njcollege134nj Posts: 70Registered User Junior Member
    @SATACT2013 - i dont think so, like gibby said. that said, what courses did you take 1st quarter? cause it might depend on that, and the grades u received