Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

I Want to Go to Harvard; any suggestions

MelBell25MelBell25 Posts: 12Registered User New Member
edited December 2007 in Harvard University
This is my schedule for next year.
Algebra 2 Honors, AP World History, Spanish 3-4, English 10 Honors, Biology, Latin 1-2, and PE.
I'm also taking these additional courses at a community college. Administration of Justice, French 1, and Psycology. Do you think I should take another course like History or English?
By the way I want to become a criminal lawyer; any suggestions?

Thankyou
Post edited by MelBell25 on

Replies to: I Want to Go to Harvard; any suggestions

• mathmommathmom Posts: 22,892Registered User Senior Member
    No, I think you should do some things that aren't academic. Have some fun. Enjoy life. Three community college courses on top of a full high school schedule already strikes me as too much.
  • GreenDayFanGreenDayFan Posts: 3,928Registered User Senior Member
    to be frank, you most likely wont get into harvard. neither will about 92% of the applicants besides you, you know what you need to do, do your best. and research other schools, there are many excellent schools. harvard is overrated in my opinion.
  • MelBell25MelBell25 Posts: 12Registered User New Member
    Thanks for your honest opinion GreenDayFan. Your just one of those people who go by statistics and I respect that, but I'm not one of those people.
    In addition to those highschool and college courses. I am a member in the American Red Cross Youth Group (and hopefully will become secretary or VP). I am looking into peer tutoring and I am going to volunteer at a hospital near my house. I would love to hear positive opinions about the course load I am taking on next year. I am also Persian/Armenian(if it helps). Should I take a more difficult course load. I know it may seem like a 1 in a billion chance to you guys but I believe in myself A-LOT! And you negative comments won't keep me down.
    no im not one of those people necessarilly that goes by statistics, im just saying...is it likely you'll get in? no, but that's the same for every applicant, and some do, so it's honestly a crapshoot. Im not trying to make negative comments, im just saying dont set your heart on one school, y'know.
    thanks anyway
    I would love to hear positive opinions about the course load I am taking on next year

so you don't want any criticism..ever? and you only want to hear "positive opinions?" So basically you dont want any help from us you just want us to tell you "OMG you're definitely gonna get into Harvard!" like ignorant people who know nothing about college admissions say to anyone who gets A's. If so, I think you're on the wrong site.
    I think you missed the point of that "quote". It said I would LOVE hear to positive comments but if you have negative ones I don't mind either.
    And no I am on the right site and if you think I am ignorant or childish then don't answer.
  • Caitlin99Caitlin99 Posts: 19Registered User New Member
    lol doesn't everyone wanna go 2 harvard
    And no I am on the right site and if you think I am ignorant or childish then don't answer.

never said that.

anyway, if you want to go to harvard then be a top student, get great sat scores, be a leader, and ...then you'll have a shot. from then on it'll be luck. Any other schools you like by the way?
    If I don't go to Harvard I'll probably kill myself . . . other than that I would like to go to Brown, Yale, or Princeton.
    Just out of curiousity, how old are you GreenDayFan?
    If I don't go to Harvard I'll probably kill myself . . . other than that I would like to go to Brown, Yale, or Princeton.

I hope you're kidding. And I hope you get safety schools because all those schools reject over 80% of applicants, some of them over 90%. I've seen nothing thus far that makes you a guaranteed admit at any of them.

I'm 16.
    How kind. What schools are you planning to go to?
  • MallomarCookieMallomarCookie Posts: 3,181Registered User Senior Member
    I don't see anything kind or unkind in what GreenDayfan said. It is the straight truth that Harvard rejects over 90% of applicants. MelBell, I suggest reading through this and getting a reality check:

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/showthread.php?t=316631

Not trying to be unkind here...quite the opposite.