Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Most Common Banks at Harvard/Cambridge

bizzyjudybizzyjudy Posts: 251Registered User Junior Member
edited June 2009 in Harvard University
My parents are looking to open a bank account for me, but before they do, they would like to know the most common banks residing in Cambridge. I only remember seeing a Bank of America when I went to visit Harvard. My parents currently have Wachovia. Is Bank of America any good? Is it the most common bank on campus; is it the best? If not, who owns the most banks/atms? Who owns the best?
Post edited by bizzyjudy on

Replies to: Most Common Banks at Harvard/Cambridge

• Newjack88Newjack88 Posts: 1,839Registered User Senior Member
    Bank of America is everywhere in Boston. Citizen's Bank is too.
  • fauvefauve Posts: 3,143Registered User Senior Member
    My D has been very happy with Bank of America- plenty of ATMs in convenient locations, and available at airports across the country when she travels. The Cambridge staff has been friendly, patient and helpful.
  • ellemenopeellemenope Posts: 11,380Registered User Senior Member
    B of A customers here also.
  • EAO1227EAO1227 Posts: 542Registered User Member
    Ditto.......
  • NoitaraperpNoitaraperp Posts: 576Registered User Member
    if you do charles schwab, it doesnt matter because you get fully refunded for any additional charges. theres my plug
  • AdmiralAdmiral Posts: 720Registered User Member
    Bank of America! There's a huge one right in Harvard Square, and 2 smaller ATMs a few blocks away, so it's always easy to access. The ATMs are terrific and allow automatic scanning and depositing of checks. I myself have a debit card with a checking account, with no fees.