Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Dimensions of a standard desk

kd5qdfkd5qdf Posts: 133Registered User Junior Member
edited July 2009 in Harvard University
Does anyone know the dimensions of a standard Harvard desk in a dorm room? I know this must seem trivial, but I have a visual impairment and am trying to figure out if a screen I am going to dock my laptop into will fit on my desk.
Post edited by kd5qdf on

Replies to: Dimensions of a standard desk

• maritemarite Posts: 21,586Registered User Senior Member
    email someone in the Freshman's dean's office or in one of the dorms or houses. They may have the measurements on hand or they could do the measuring for you.
  • HatHat Posts: 708Registered User Member
    I am trying to visualize my son's desk and I would guess that it was about 30" deep by 48-60" wide.
  • HannaHanna Posts: 10,844Registered User Senior Member
    You should tell them what you will need in order to use your special screen. They will do what is necessary to make sure you are accommodated.

One of my friends in the class of '00 got an upright piano in his freshman dorm room.
  • twinmomtwinmom Posts: 2,826Registered User Senior Member
    There must be an Office of Disabilities. As Hanna said, call them and they will accommodate you.