Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Average ACT scores at Harvard?

ibBalleribBaller Posts: 31Registered User Junior Member
edited June 2010 in Harvard University
What is the 25%-75% ACT scores for Harvard?

If you choose to send in only your ACT test score do colleges still want to see your SAT subject tests scores?
Post edited by ibBaller on

Replies to: Average ACT scores at Harvard?

• xavier110xavier110 Posts: 413Registered User Member
    Subject Test requirements vary by school. Most top universities/colleges recommend or require sending in 2 SAT Subject Tests.

The 08-09 Common Data for Harvard has the ACT range as 31-35.
  • HonestoHonesto Posts: 343Registered User Junior Member
    Harvard requires 2 SAT Subject Tests, along with either the ACT or the SAT Reasoning Test.
  • varskavarska Posts: 1,084Registered User Senior Member
    Harvard actually requires 3 SAT subject tests

Wait...in 2010 they required 3
    http://admissions.college.harvard.edu/apply/forms/instructions_0910.pdf

The current admissions page indicates 2.
  • huinsiderhuinsider Posts: 178Registered User Junior Member
    @varska, application requirements changed this year, it is now two subject tests:

Harvard College Admissions § Applying: Frequently Asked Questions
  • smoda61smoda61 Posts: 2,012Registered User Senior Member
    D's ACT score was definitely the score Harvard used when considering her, which was a 35. Along the way, I asked CC forums the value of her score (her first ACT was a 33). The response given to me was the value of an ACT score depended a lot on the geographical location of the applicant and that a 35 in Massachusetts had a lot less value than a 35 from some other state (I am not going to try an pick out a state). I do not know the veracity of this statement, but it is interesting.