Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Recieved my Acceptance Letter, but Now What?

Rune688Rune688 Posts: 34Registered User Junior Member
edited December 2009 in Harvey Mudd College
Now that at long last our admission decisions are coming in, I was wondering what the next step would be for those of us who got admitted under ED?

The letter that they sent only contains the acceptance letter and an 'Early Decision Enrollment Response Form' (due on January 15). When can we start expecting either information on financial aid or other important materials? Also, what exactly does the process of negotiating this entail? By when do we have to have withdrawn our other applications (as I mentioned elsewhere, I have a supplemental application for one of the UC campuses that I'd really rather not do)? Do we get any more free stuff (stickers are fun, but I could always use another t-shirt...)?

Finally, for those of you who are still anxiously waiting for your own admission decision, best of luck, and to anyone who has been fortunate enough to be admitted, congratulations!
Post edited by Rune688 on

Replies to: Recieved my Acceptance Letter, but Now What?

• geek_momgeek_mom Posts: 2,106Registered User Senior Member
    Rune, I'd recommend you wait to withdraw your other applications until after you receive your financial aid package from Mudd. Last year, geek_son's letter from FinAid came less than a week after his ED acceptance package. After you get your finaid letter, assuming you can afford to go -- that's when you withdraw the other apps and send in your response form (and that has to happen by the deadline they gave you -- don't forget to allow time for your GC to sign and return it). There was no free t-shirt last year; however, there were a few free things at Pre-Frosh Orientation in April.

After you send in your response form, it's a fairly long, quiet wait to receive other information from Mudd. They'll sign you up on a forum, where you'll probably spend a couple of weeks making introductions and yukking it up with other admits... and then it'll probably get pretty quiet. Mudders seem to be pretty active on Facebook... you'll probably be Facebooking your brains out with other Mudders over the summer, including upperclassmen.

Beginning in April and continuing through Frosh Orientation in August, there will be a pretty steady stream of communications. Lots of paperwork-type stuff you need to send or complete over the summer, and some fun stuff that you'll find out about soon enough. Mudd sends a lot of email, so check your email regularly.

The other thing to attend to while you wait for April to come around is making sure your midterm and final secondary school reports get filed with transcripts. And of course keeping your grades up. Mudd does pay attention to your senior-year grades and will expect an explanation if yours drop precipitously.

Back to free t-shirts -- There will be plenty of opportunities to score free t-shirts once you're a Mudder.

Congrats on your acceptance! Hope this helps. Maybe some other parents or actual Mudders will chime in with more information.
  • sunnyholidaysunnyholiday Posts: 115Registered User Junior Member
    Sounds like your acceptance letter was a pretty skinny envelope.
  • iao0918iao0918 Posts: 766Registered User Member
    Ah. T-shirts. Didn't see my sister with any.
    HMC clothing is super expensive. I got her some Duke t-shirts. lol