Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Why does high school have to go by fast?

Crest1Crest1 Posts: 278Registered User Junior Member
edited October 2010 in High School Life
Am I really a junior?

These are my best XC 5K times:
Freshmen: 21:59
Sophomore: 21:27
Junior: 19:54

Too bad my XC season is over.

Doesn't it actually suck that high school goes by way too fast? I swear I don't have enough time to improve. Like I'm going from 19:54 to breaking 16:00, like that will happen. But you know, we were all stupid when we were freshmen, right? If I wasn't stupid, then I would have probably gotten better than 19:54 when I was a freshmen.

So any other mistakes you regret doing?
Post edited by Crest1 on

Replies to: Why does high school have to go by fast?

• ilikeUWilikeUW Posts: 1,127Registered User Member
    I know seriously. First quarter at my HS is over next week. So crazy how time flies.
  • PioneerJonesPioneerJones Posts: 1,575Registered User Member
    I was hoping to break 9:40 for 3200 this past Friday. It's been my goal since last year when I ran 9:46. Too bad I sucked a giant dong and only managed a 9:54.

XC is already over in Ohio? Our post-season begins this week, and runs all the way through NXN on December 4th.

You still have plenty of time to improve, if you're only a junior. Do you train through the summer?
  • porkpersonporkperson Posts: 2,068Registered User Member
    ^boo hoo

you should do track. XC ends in the beginning of november in illinois. It ends earlier because it gets cold...
  • puggly123puggly123 Posts: 3,500- Senior Member
    I don't want it to end!!
  • R3d3mpti0nR3d3mpti0n Posts: 693Registered User Member
    High school goes by fast so we still remember all the little things that made those four years worth the effort.
  • aspire2011aspire2011 Posts: 505Registered User Junior Member
    I'm so glad it's almost over. I'm ready to move on to a new place and a new chapter in my life.

Just three more marking periods...
  • Crest1Crest1 Posts: 278Registered User Junior Member
    XC ended in Ohio if you're JV about 2 weeks ago. But my 2 week break is over this Saturday at 12:30:40pm! (Race began at 12:10pm and my time was 20:40 which was worse than usual.)

And I love what you said R3d3mpti0n which is absolutely true. Darn those little things which cause bigger actions.