Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How is 5 steps to a 5 review book?

afned368afned368 Posts: 175Registered User Junior Member
edited January 2011 in High School Life
I'm taking AP Euro, AP US History, AP Calculus BC, and AP Chemistry. I like Barron's but hate Princeton Review from last year experience.
Post edited by afned368 on

Replies to: How is 5 steps to a 5 review book?

• coachella23coachella23 Posts: 95Registered User New Member
    5 steps to a 5 books are the best IMO.
  • qdawg2011qdawg2011 Posts: 632Registered User Junior Member
    I agree that 5 steps to a 5 are really good. The best I've found.
  • conquerer7conquerer7 Posts: 230Registered User Junior Member
    I only have the AP Physics one, but it tells you everything you need to know, and absolutely nothing more. It's a superficial understanding of the topic, but enough to get you a 5.

If you like the style of Barron's, which is regularly harder than the real thing, changing to something like this might be a shock. My Barron's AP book is twice as thick as the 5 Steps to a 5 one.

Also, there's a nice 'advice' section in the start. Depending on how much you've prepared, it might be just fluff, or it might be a godsend.
  • ilovemyblacklabilovemyblacklab Posts: 236Registered User Junior Member
    I'm finding it to be okay- I REALLY like REA.
  • wesley108wesley108 Posts: 1,192- Member
    They give you just enough information but I find that it is better to know more just in case...
  • noimaginationnoimagination Posts: 6,981Registered User Senior Member
    Usually, I prefer Barron's. However, for AP Physics the 5 Steps book is good.
  • afned368afned368 Posts: 175Registered User Junior Member
    What are the pros and cons of 5 steps to a 5?
  • treefingerstreefingers Posts: 215Registered User Junior Member
    I used it for English Language. I didn't learn anything new from it and got a 4 on the actual exam. Never again will I stray away from the Princeton Review.
  • sandra_ny2011sandra_ny2011 Posts: 231Registered User Junior Member
    I love 5 steps! It helped me to get a 5 in ap world, and I'm using it for ap bio now :)