Physics Project - Help!
Okay I'm building a Rube Goldberg machine that can crack an egg without damaging the yolk.. Rube Goldberg machines are machines that make a simple task difficult.. I need to have total 7 steps, including the last step where the egg is cracked..
My partner and I were thinking something like this:
1. A toy car hits a ball to start the machine
2. The ball rolls downs a ramp/pipe and hits a rod holding up some weight..
3. The weight falls.. Then We are stuck here.
4. STUCK HERE
5. STUCK HERE
6. Suspend the egg on rubber bands connected to two suction cups..
7. Have a piece of wood carved like an axe hit the suspended egg somehow..
Gosh, we are so lost and we have no idea what to do now.. please help the us hopeless guys. -_-