Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

High School Class of 2014

evanh14evanh14 Posts: 471Registered User Member
edited January 24 in High School Life
So, I have seen a thread for the class of '15, the members of which aren't even in high school yet. I figured that we needed a thread of our own. If there already is one (I haven't found one) direct me to that. Just post whatever, academics, non-school related things, schedules, that sort of thing. Uhh, I'll post my next year's schedule for y'all to compare yours to, and that sort of thing.

AP Euro
Honors Algebra II/Trig.
Honors English 10
Chemistry
Health
AP Psych
Latin II
Debate
Post edited by evanh14 on

Replies to: High School Class of 2014

• jerevedeparisjerevedeparis Posts: 419Registered User Member
    Hello there :)
    IB chem
    AP gov
    Honors English
    Honors Algebra 2
    French 3
    PE /: it's required.. Wooo
    Symphonic orchestra

Debate is a class for you? My school has a debate club instead :)
  • evanh14evanh14 Posts: 471Registered User Member
    Ahh, takin' PE sucks, man. We only have to have one credit to graduate.

Yeah, debate is a class. I'd almost rather have it as a extra curricular, though. It fills up a slot where I could have some better classes. What do you play? I used to play trumpet, but gave it up after money.
    Ah we need two credits here /:

I play the viola and I have for about 6 years now.. It's kinda forced by my parents, but I do love it. I play guitar as well :)

I think I'll join debate next year.. I love to argue (; I guess I'm lucky to have it as an EC because your right you could take another class instead, but debate shouldn't hurt either way!
    True, but I'd rather take Spanish or something. Oh well. String instruments seem like...impossible. Brass is no fun, though. So, don't learn one of the brass instruments.
    I'll try to stay away ;) they're pretty instruments though!

Is Latin difficult? I imagine it would be impossible!!

Strings instruments are incredibly frustrating at times.. But they're beautiful so I guess it is worth the work.
    I agree with your last statement. As for your first...some more than others.

And as for the second statement...Latina est non dura, pro tempore. Just a lotttt of rules to remember. Toward the end of the first year, we can already conjugate a verb 12 ways. I've managed to keep a 99 for the year, though. So, meh. :P How's french? All the J' and the L' and the d' and nothing being pronounced how it seems to be...
  • kzo3365kzo3365 Posts: 24- New Member
    I wish I could join in on the instrument talk, but I am musically challenged (read: I suck).

AP Biology
    AP European History
    Honors Pre Calculus
    Honors English 10
    Honors Spanish 4
    Personal Finance (1/2 year)
    History of Modern Warfare (1/2 year)
    Lunch ( we have the option to skip so that's why I'm putting it here)
    Gym (1/2 year)
    Health (summer)
    US Gov (summer)

Self Study:
    AP Human Geography
    AP Environmental Science
    AP Comparative Gov
    AP Computer Science
    AP World History

What sports do you guys play?
    I myself play tennis.
    Geeeez, heavy courseload man. Best of luck to you. There's not really the opportunity for that much rigour in a year at my school. I play tennis, too. In the past I've played baseball, soccer, and basketball.
    I would love to study Latin!! French is pretty difficult, but my teacher is honestly the most amazing person I've ever met. I feel like I could skip French 3 honestly.. But that's not an option.

Sorry I'm on my itouch so I can't see the other posters username /: but how do you have time for all of that??

Where do you guys want to go?
  • AbsoluteIyAbsoluteIy Posts: 17Registered User New Member
    This year ! (Freshmen)
    P.E 0 Period Show Choir Rehearsal
    P.E
    English 9
    Biology Accelerated
    Show Choir
    World Geography
    Geometry Accelerated

** Freshmen aren't allowed to take AP / Honors here, except only if you are qualified for AP Spanish Literature / Language ...

Next years schedule ! (Sophomore)
    P.E - Teching for Show choir!
    English 10
    AP Biology
    Chemistry Honors
    Physics Honors
    Math Analysis Honors / Pre-Calc honors
    AP World History

(9th-10th required have P.E on their schedules, registered to take Alg 2 over the summer to get ahead).

= 2 APS, 3 Honors, 2 Regular classes.
    Forgot to mention sports! I play field hockey and swim right now, but in the past I have cheered and played soccer.
    You are so lucky to have that flexibility to choose like that... We really don't get any options /: but the no honors sucks!
    @jerevedeparis -- It's okay. I personally like the iTouch app better. Also, right now, I'm considering Northeastern (love their co-op program), and UCB. What about the rest of y'all?
    @AbsoluteIy -- What is 0 period? I've seen it around here some, but I've never really heard an explanation.
  • AbsoluteIyAbsoluteIy Posts: 17Registered User New Member
    If Freshmen were allowed to enroll in AP / Honors it'd be great. You're right! I just love the feeling of being busy, productive! (:

I totally wish there was an exception to myself against the P.E rule. I mean, I got x2 the credits for P.E by the rehearsal period for show choir! I'm practically done with it. (x But oh well, they must do what they must.