Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Kicked out of National Honor Society?

hopeforfuturehopeforfuture Posts: 163Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2005 in High School Life
I was caught cheating. I know. I know. It was the biggest mistake I ever made in my life so far. I will face my punishment, but I am worried about the National Honor Society. Nobody said that I will be removed from it, but I read in the school planner that I CAN be removed if I violate the honor code. Does this mean I will be kicked out? Is this really bad?
Post edited by hopeforfuture on

Replies to: Kicked out of National Honor Society?

• atomicfusionatomicfusion Posts: 1,987Registered User Senior Member
    Two people in my school were kicked out last year for sharing info on an English reduction. Which is probably a bit less severe than what you did. Many others were kicked out for getting suspended. So you may get kicked out. But NHS sucks anyway so don't worry.
  • towerpumpkintowerpumpkin Posts: 1,660Registered User Senior Member
    I'd be more concerned about having a record of your cheating on a school report/teacher recommendation than staying in NHS...
  • hopeforfuturehopeforfuture Posts: 163Registered User Junior Member
    Should I report to NHS immediately and tell them what I did? Or, should I wait until my teachers fill out the survey that ask them whether or not I complete my grade and character requirements?
    I was told that there will be no record of my cheating on my school report. I already got the teacher recommendations before I cheated, and these teachers were not the one who caught me.
  • JusgimmethegunJusgimmethegun Posts: 1,745- Senior Member
    I got suspended but all that I got was a warning. I think I might quit anyway. Everybody does the community service for the wrong reasons.
    "I CAN be removed"- does it mean that I WILL or MIGHT get kicked out? My question isn't answered: Should I tell NHS right away, or wait until my teacher say something?
    My letter from NHS was like "You have violated code BLABLABLA" I don't think it mentioned any punishment, although I wouldn't remember... I balled it up and threw it away in front of the president :p
  • frequency43frequency43 Posts: 79Registered User Junior Member
    Don't do anything. Maybe your teacher won't say anything. But, if he does, then confess and tell that you learned from your mistake and won't repeat it blahblahblah.
  • tradertrader Posts: 483Registered User Member
    whos to know if it was an isolated incident?
  • makshimmakshim Posts: 313Registered User Junior Member
    "It was the biggest mistake I ever made in my life so far."

What was the biggest mistake? Cheating, or getting caught?

Kids who cheat ruin it for us honest ones.
    Cheating, of course. I saw so many people, especially my friends, cheating. They plagazerized or forged their parents' signature without getting caught. I tried it, just one time. I got caught. This made me really angry. When my friends were confronted, they lied and ran away with it. Because I couldn't help myself but being so honest, I immediately admitted when my teacher confronted me. I know, I'm stupid, but I can't stand lying.
    One more question: Should I check the box that I have violated the honor code on the college application? My disciplinary officer said that he won't say anything and that nobody will make sure I said yes. But, I am scared that if colleges find out, they will take away my acceptance. What should I do? Argh, this situation sucks!
    theres a box for honor code violation? What college are you going to, Boy Scout University? I doubt many colleges have time to look into every application, but if your guidance counselor mentions it then so should you.
  • VisiraleVisirale Posts: 704Registered User Member
    I dunno. But if you don't, I would be surprised. I am pretty sure that I got kicked out just for not selling candy. I know at my school, you'd be gone... but I don't know how it works at yours.
  • filmxoxo17filmxoxo17 Posts: 2,625Registered User Senior Member
    On your application you are expected to be 100% honest. So duh, you have to say that you violated the honor code. This is so cut and dry to me, I don't even know why you seem to think it's an issue up for debate...