Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Writing thank you card for writing letter of rec?

pinkunicorn17pinkunicorn17 Posts: 2Registered User New Member
edited November 2011 in High School Life
So I'm trying to figure out how to word my thank you card for writing a letter of rec for me without coming off as awkward or creepy. He's my favorite teacher and I've already written a thank you letter last year because my sociology teacher made us write them to teachers that really have had an impact.

How do I word this thing? I'd like to include things like how lucky I am to have him as a teacher and a coach and I'd like to tell him he's my favorite teacher and I'll really miss him when I leave.
Post edited by pinkunicorn17 on

Replies to: Writing thank you card for writing letter of rec?

• flower161flower161 Posts: 529Registered User Member
    I like the ideas that you already have but you dont make the card formal since it would seem weird unless he's an English teach cuz then you can impress him with SAT vocab. Also its important it keep it short and concise without writing an entire essay.

But you can something like "Dear Mr. Soso, I would like to thank you so much for writing my letter of rec. You have always been there for me as a coach and teacher, and I am so lucky that i am able to get the chance to know you and have you be one of my favorite teachers. I will miss you so very much when the school year ends. But until then, thanks again and i cannot wait to continue to spend time with you this year. Sincerely, pinkunicorn17"