Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

APUSH test? Multiple Choice?

ohlenforstohlenforst Posts: 22Registered User New Member
edited April 2012 in High School Life
Hi. I was wondering, are the AP multiple choice similar year after year, as in they ask questions over some of the same topics or are they over completely different things? I know the prompts are different but I was just curious about the MC. And also, what's a good book that would help me to achieve a passing score on the test? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!
Post edited by ohlenforst on

Replies to: APUSH test? Multiple Choice?

• souseissouseis Posts: 27Registered User New Member
    I do not know that much about the MCs but there is only so many major things they can ask about

as for prep books, AMSCO is the best, APUSH Crash Course gives really concise summary of the events. Since we only have like two weeks before the test, I would suggest Crash Course
  • smwhtslghtlydzedsmwhtslghtlydzed Posts: 1,555Registered User Senior Member
    Yeah the MCs definitely don't change that much; I think I remember actually seeing a few questions from my review books on the test. As for a book I think there are tons of great options for APUSH (5 Steps, PR, Barrons, Kaplan, REA) and you should just flip through them and see which style would work best for you.
  • ckcollegeckcollege Posts: 56Registered User Junior Member
    The specific questions are different from year to year but like the above posters said, I don't think the scope of the test can really change too much. (Although there will always be those random unpredictable questions, like the one last year about "Silent Spring"...)
    I used the Princeton Review last year and found it pretty helpful.