Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Are you over your college rejections?

diana2012diana2012 Posts: 423Registered User Member
edited April 2012 in High School Life
I sort of am in that I'm excited for where I'm going, but I haven't totally forgotten getting rejected from my dream school. My friends are all over the place; some are still as crushed as the day it happened, and some don't care at all.

What about you guys? Still upset or moved on?
Post edited by diana2012 on

Replies to: Are you over your college rejections?

• LulliesLullies Posts: 761Registered User Junior Member
    Sometimes you can't fight what happens and you tell yourself that everything happens for a reason.

Sometimes you have to be realistic too. But then again, I was waitlisted by my dream school .......................................yolo
  • SolocupSolocup Posts: 12Registered User New Member
    I got deferred from UMich in late December. I found out I was not admitted in early April. Needless to say I was not happy that I waited such a long time to hear a negative decision but, you have to move on and be happy for the colleges you do get into. Everything is going to be ok and you're going to find a good education anywhere.
  • Davidabb84Davidabb84 Posts: 1,355- Member
    Completely over it. I love the college I'm going to, and Wake Forest was a pretty high reach for me, so I was surprised that they even bothered to waitlist me and didn't waste any time thinking I'd make it off (which I didn't). Although it was my biggest stretch I was never too thrilled about the thought of attending because this town is a landfill.
  • diana2012diana2012 Posts: 423Registered User Member
    Yeah, Tufts shut me out... half of me wants to say **** 'em and get over it and half of me wants to transfer after the first semester haha
  • PieceofToastPieceofToast Posts: 253Registered User Junior Member
    Yeah, I really don't care. When I got all my letters, I sat down, looked at where I got in, and narrowed down until I had a decision made. Simple ,and I'm looking forward to college.
  • mathelamathela Posts: 318Registered User Junior Member
    I'm a lot more over it than I thought I would be for college rejections. Getting rejected from prom has proven to be 50x more lingering :(
  • enfieldacademyenfieldacademy Posts: 2,321- Member
    if i think about it, not really. the first feelings that come up are pangs of injustice heh. luckily, i don't really end up thinking about it very much at all.
  • michael2michael2 Posts: 632Registered User Junior Member
    I didn't get any rejections.
  • enfieldacademyenfieldacademy Posts: 2,321- Member
    so you're not over your rejections because you never got any in the first place?
  • michael2michael2 Posts: 632Registered User Junior Member
    Precisely.
  • snipersassnipersas Posts: 677Registered User Member
    Accepted everywhere I applied but Princeton, MIT, and Yale, and Yale still crushes me. Princeton and MIT were tough to accept, but I didn't love them. Yale on the other hand, I did. I keep telling myself that my admits have better programs in my majors (physics and econ) and that i'll be going to school for free anyway, but it's hard nonetheless - particularly given that another student at my school was admitted after he lied about his race.
  • Abcd3f3Abcd3f3 Posts: 280Registered User Junior Member
    Kind of, my rejections hurt A LOT. Especially MIT, which I really love. It's kind of ruining my happiness about going UCLA tbh
  • PieceofToastPieceofToast Posts: 253Registered User Junior Member
    Though, one thing: my dad has a friend who -still- has his MIT rejection letter, and he's in his 50s now. Don't be that guy, ladies and gentlemen. There are more important things.
  • WhateverhappensWhateverhappens Posts: 448Registered User Member
    MIT was my only rejection. I still winch a little when I hear the name, but it's not a big deal. I'm excited for college regardless, plus the school I'm going to has a lot that I would miss at MIT.
  • helloelhelloel Posts: 1,906- Member
    ^^Wohh, has he kept it as a joke? Or does he actually still dwell on the fact he was rejected?