Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How Are CC'ers Active?

MissMichelleMissMichelle Posts: 690Registered User Member
edited January 2006 in High School Life
Like me, I run and swim and bike and do a little bit of weight lifting...I'm training for triathlons, and let me tell you, it is your ticket to guilt-free eating :D
Post edited by MissMichelle on

Replies to: How Are CC'ers Active?

• volcomklickvolcomklick Posts: 50Registered User Junior Member
    I've played varsity baseball for 4 years. It's a year long sport though as we start conditioning in August for a season that starts in February.
  • KillerAngelKillerAngel Posts: 176- Junior Member
    I go to the gym 5 nights a week. I also skate regularly. I am enjoying my abs ;)
  • thesiren72102thesiren72102 Posts: 1,672Registered User Member
    I'm in a professional dance troupe, and we are required to take dance classes every week, and during practices on the weekend, we do strength training. I used to run a mile everyday for fun, but I've gotten lazy...oh well, atleast I'm still in shape even without the running..

I think it's cool that you are doing triathlons, good luck with them!
  • worth2tryworth2try Posts: 829Registered User Member
    I run cross country, indoor track, and outdoor track - so basically run all the time.
  • MissMichelleMissMichelle Posts: 690Registered User Member
    yay runners!!

I wonder what the most common sport is on CC...
  • sapphire07sapphire07 Posts: 421Registered User Member
    i run XC, i swim yr round (2 hrs a day/4 on sat. + 1 hr of weight lifting, stretching, plyometrics, etc per practice) & for HS, and play softball.
  • XCchick44XCchick44 Posts: 1,009Registered User Member
    running most of the time and hiking when i can
  • sydney_bristow87sydney_bristow87 Posts: 1,199Registered User Member
    treadmill - it's too cold to go outside. our school doesn't offer any sports, but i was on the girls basketball team (the ONE sport they ever offered) during 9th grade (the ONE year they ever offered it).
  • we're_going_down_swingingwe're_going_down_swinging Posts: 418Registered User Member
    lacrosse in the spring, cheerleading in the fall/winter, and self-defense classes all year
  • GoldShadowGoldShadow Posts: 6,160Registered User Senior Member
    I prevent nuclear war from breaking out every summer, and sometimes during winter break (but this year I had too many college apps!). It's getting harder and harder to save the world... I think I'll stick to regular ECs and exercise and weight training from now on.
  • silentsailorsilentsailor Posts: 1,266Registered User Senior Member
    I run occasionaly, do sets of calisthenics on the weekends.

Anyone rock climb? I was thinking of starting that...
  • nation161nation161 Posts: 65Registered User Junior Member
    I play soccer in the fall for my school, then for a travel team in the summer... and snowboarding right now, of course (so awesome). I've rock climbed once before, it was a lot of fun. I've been meaning to do it again someday, but yea... anyone else snowboard?
  • XCchick44XCchick44 Posts: 1,009Registered User Member
    yea rock climbing would be sweet. But maybe like the indoor rock climbing lol like in princess diaries!
  • spirited awayspirited away Posts: 998. Member
    I run .
  • kchenkchen Posts: 4,236Registered User Senior Member
    varsity golf during the fall season & badminton every saturday just for the fun of it. =)