Again, you're extrapolating too much from the weak data presented by the video. Notice how the video goes back to the same people, over and over again. Those are the people who don't know, and those are the people the video hammers, and those are the people who supposedly represent America. I can't take your argument seriously because it's based on such a flawed premise
Originally Posted by bioboy12
this also hints to an underlying idea that makes you question what is being taught/learnt in their schools. History may not seem important, but it may correlate to a lack of knowledge in other subjects as well.
As you said, all we can do is speculate. Go ahead and wonder. Go ahead and extrapolate to the nth
term. I wouldn't advise that you draw conclusions though. Here, I'll even get you started.
1. People in a video don't know answers to history, geography, and current event questions.
2. These people represent America.
3. Not knowing history means that one is deficient in math knowledge.
4. Being deficient in math knowledge means that one will inevitably fail in life.
4a. Who doesn't use math? Don't we have to add and subtract at the grocery store? At the restaurant?
5. Not being able to do math quickly at the restaurant makes one socially awkward.
5a. It's so nerdy to pull out a calculator in a restaurant!
6. People start suffering from low self-esteem.
7. People start become recluses.
8. Restaurants fail because no one will attend because people can't do math and there is a strong stigma attached to calculator usage in restaurants.
9. Because restaurants fail, demand for beef will fall.
10. Cows will explode in population size.
11. Cows will inherit the Earth.