Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

***Official 2012 Siemens Competition Thread***

HadiramHadiram Posts: 149Registered User Junior Member
edited January 2013 in High School Life
It seems that every other year has had an official thread so I figured it was probably time to create an Official 2012 Siemens thread.

How are everyone's projects going? Have you submitted yet?
Post edited by Hadiram on

Replies to: ***Official 2012 Siemens Competition Thread***

• SniperCat30SniperCat30 Posts: 45Registered User Junior Member
    Just sent in my project on Thursday. I did a 4-year continuation!
  • AngelOfSpeedAngelOfSpeed Posts: 337Registered User Member
    Just submitted mine earlier today! Woot woot! :)
  • kait444kait444 Posts: 70Registered User Junior Member
    when your projects were delivered, did it say delivered to 08650 or 08618 for the zip code? What does it say for who signed for it?
  • DescuffDescuff Posts: 4,031Registered User Senior Member
    What is this about?
  • HadiramHadiram Posts: 149Registered User Junior Member
    @kait, I would imagine it should be delivered to 08618, that was where the overnight deliveries should be sent to.

I'm submitting mine tomorrow morning..eh procrastination

What was everyone's projects about?
  • tastypoodletastypoodle Posts: 27Registered User New Member
    Whats the semifinalist rate?(i.e. #semis/totalpeople)
  • a1b2c3a1b2c3 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    @kait444, For my DD it says it was delivered to 08650. Probably it is OK. Any way we are thinking of calling them up and checking tomorrow.
  • tigerman20tigerman20 Posts: 76Registered User Junior Member
    @tastypoodle 300/~1400= 21%

fingers crossed :D

What I find interesting is that they release their decisions by October 19, which is less than 3 weeks away, so I dont think they can possibly judge by reading all the papers. I have a feeling they only look at abstracts and results section....what do you all think?
    It says on their website that 2000~ students entered last year though, so I guess it varies(: (although I suppose it makes sense that some of them are group projects).

I was pretty surprised by the 19th October results too. Not sure how they go about that, hope they have a lot of judges LOL.
    To anybody who still needs to send their paper out (lol) here is the overnight address:

Siemens Competition
    Education Testing Service
    1425 Lower Ferry Road, Room Q220
    Trenton, NJ 08618
    ^was that address correct?

@Angel and tigerman
    I think they have a different set of judges for each category (and there were~12, no?). I think they should be able to read the whole thing. do most people submit all 18 pages?
    ^ I think that's where I sent mine =)
    (Wait, 12 judges per category? oh nvm, you meant 12 categories xD) That sounds reasonable I guess xD
    I submitted all 18 pages. Was actually really difficult to cut it down that much. Of course, I'm sure there are lots of people with smaller projects.
    Just printed out my confirmation page. To check, there was no "official way" to print it out right? As in, sometimes websites give you a "print page" button and format it into a nice pdf. I just saved the page as a pdf and printed.
    Yeah. that's how I did it too. Wait, are you getting all your signatures tomorrow? o.o
    Haha noooo. I got those last week. I was just re-trying to see if there was another way we were supposed to print. Almost finished--sending it off at 3am!