Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

PSEO problems, help!

NC2013NC2013 Posts: 1Registered User New Member
Hello, I'm a high school senior in Ohio. I am a fairly hardworking student in a private Catholic school. This year I took a few classes through the post-secondary enrollment program--two semester English courses and two semester math courses. And I'm /failing/ one.

I have a 3.9 GPA, a 33 on the ACT, straight As the past two years so far, and a 4 on the AP US Govt exam (the only one my school offered). I've had a fairly rigorous courseload, though not many ECs (I've been doing significantly more this year, though). But in my English class I'm pulling an extremely bad grade and I am very worried that I won't be able to get it up before the class ends.

This is made worse by the fact that I am required to complete both PSEO English classes in order to have enough credit to graduate. So I really really can't fail this class. Not only would it look very bad on my college application, I'd probably have to take English over the summer or something just to graduate high school.

Needless to say I'm freaking out. This year has been really hard on me emotionally, hence depression and apathy and so on, and I've been avoiding my English class almost altogether since that started because it really really really stresses me out--which means I didn't turn in a paper entirely, a major hit to the grade. I feel completely out of options and don't know who to blame but myself (not a good state). And barring the English teacher taking extreme mercy on a /two week late/ paper, I just don't see how this can possibly work out. What can I possibly do? Help!!