Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Can you skip trig?

luvnotloveluvnotlove Posts: 23Registered User New Member
edited March 2013 in High School Life
I am trying to help one of my friends with her scheduling issue but dont know what to tell her. My friend (freshman) was supposed to take honors algebra 2 and trig this year, but her schedule somehow got messed up. Instead, she got put into regular algebra 2 and didnt even notice until it was too late to switch classes. Now, she has to take trig next year instead of precalc. When we discussed her dilema with other students in our school, they suggested to skip trig. Is this a good idea? Thanks :)
Post edited by luvnotlove on

Replies to: Can you skip trig?

• j0shk10j0shk10 Posts: 232Registered User Junior Member
    In my school, we don't have a trig class we just learn trig in pre calc. I went from Algebra 2 Honors as a freshman to PreCalc Honors this year as a sophomore.

I think it would be fine, but all schools are different. I advise speaking to the Algebra 2 teacher and especially the PreCalc teacher.
  • luvnotloveluvnotlove Posts: 23Registered User New Member
    Thanks! Anyone else have something to add...
    Bump......
  • lolifofololifofo Posts: 370Registered User Member
    Your friiiiiiend...sureeeee :p
  • TinnyTTinnyT Posts: 1,581Registered User Senior Member
    Trigonometry is reviewed in Pre-Calc so she should be ok.
  • KommAtMeBroKommAtMeBro Posts: 178Registered User Junior Member
    The same thing happened to me. I switched out of Algebra 2/trig into regular algebra 2, and I will be taking Precalc next year with no trig background. It's pretty common at my school to do that.
    @lolifofo this is seriously for my friend, lol :)
    And thanks everyone for the advice!