Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

High School Class of 2018

Replies to: High School Class of 2018

• agentaquastaragentaquastar Registered User Posts: 308 Member
    @gigichuck I'm sure you did fine, and it's too late to change anything abt it so try not to worry!!
  • carmen00carmen00 Registered User Posts: 175 Junior Member
    Just got accepted to UNM! My first college acceptance! I'm surprised how quick it was. I sent my transcript to both UNM and Bama at the same time, and Bama doesn't even have my transcript yet, even though it's closer than New Mexico.

It's just nice to have that first acceptance. I most likely will not end up at UNM, but it's good to know I'm going to college.
  • ak2018ak2018 Registered User Posts: 2,823 Senior Member
    edited October 11
    Just got my learner's permit after 2 years of my parents and I procrastinating! :D I honestly thought I failed, but I guess I didn't. I start learning the ways of the road next week. By the way, if you hear about a car that drove into a Starbucks within the next nine months, it was probably me! :))

I'm also currently filling out apps since today was PSAT day at my school (and I didn't have to come). From what I can tell, a lot of my friends are filling out apps today as well.
  • IridescentgazeIridescentgaze Registered User Posts: 84 Junior Member
    @ak2018 I'm filling out apps too because the PSAT was today!
    edited October 11
    @ak2018 I still don't have my license >:D< I put off learning how to drive for 2 years now yikes...
    Does anyone have advice on how to start doing pull ups? (For a hopeless weakling who can't even do flex arm hangs...) is there a good way to just get started?
  • neptunaneptuna Registered User Posts: 430 Member
    edited October 11
    My AP English Lit teacher's writing assignments are worth 65% of my grade, so naturally I spend hours on them, but she never gives me anything higher than a 70. My analyses are never good enough for her. Ugh. I've never had a teacher be this tough on me. At least one C or B won't get any of my acceptances rescinded, and if my GPA dropping means I'm not valedictorian anymore, at least I don't have to give a speech. :))

EDIT: It just occurred to me that colleges consider your first semester grades in regular decision applications. *sweats profusely*
  • Marg532Marg532 Registered User Posts: 379 Member
    I just realized that I forgot to bring something home that I needed to do for homework tonight 8-| so I will probably do it up really quickly in French (which is the period before that class). Ugh of course...
  • ski_racerski_racer Registered User Posts: 203 Junior Member
    @agentaquastar You just have to give it a go. Spend a couple minutes trying a few times a day, every day, for however long it takes. My brother does pullups twice a day and has seen continuous and consistent improvement. The key is making it a habit and doing it every day.
  • CharlotteLetterCharlotteLetter Registered User Posts: 533 Member
    @agentaquastar I have the same question! So far I've tried just hanging. I don't have a pullup bar, so I'm doing hangs from a fairly strong closet pole (unfortunately my knees have to be bent). Also I've been trying pushups and various light (3-5lb) weight training.
    @neptuna SAME situation, but for bio T-T I swear that teacher hates me... Senioritis is kicking in and at this point I'm just "oh well" 24/7
    @ski_racer @CharlotteLetter thank you! I've been doing push ups and I tried hanging (for only a few seconds at a time...) today. Now it's a matter of staying consistent, I think. :((
  • kassh4kassh4 Registered User Posts: 881 Member
    Is anyone planning on doing early decision anywhere?
  • ak2018ak2018 Registered User Posts: 2,823 Senior Member
  • minimangominimango Registered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
    It's kind of crazy we are all applying to colleges now!