Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Bahh! This sucks.

lablondielablondie Posts: 5,014Registered User Senior Member
edited March 2006 in High School Life
I don't know if they have this in other states, but there's this program here called the House of Reps Page Program. If you're picked, you get to go spend a week down at the (state) capital and run around with the representatives. Anyway, I keep getting called to see if I'm open for week whatever. Last time I couldn't go because I was down at the State Science Olympiad Tournament. The week they're asking about now is the last week of the quarter.

You see, I'm not really into government. I would like to go though because I figure it would be fairly educational (maybe be a nice intro to gov next year...), plus it would look nice next to that 'Best Delegate' MUN award (MUN being the closest to anything gov't-related I've done, we make it fairly political at my conference ;)).

But it's the whole last week of the quarter thing. I'm only losing one class, APUSH. I don't think I could get through all my APUSH homework by the 24th. But, the teacher does like me, so I could maybe get him to let me do stuff the next week. Our school will let teachers change grades after they turn them in, so if I can get him to do that it might work.

Don't you hate when stuff like this happens? I'm not wrong in thinking that MAKING this work is the correct choice, am I?
Post edited by lablondie on

Replies to: Bahh! This sucks.