Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

HALP! What does this mean?

preamble1776preamble1776 Posts: 3,550Registered User Senior Member
edited January 15 in High School Life
I applied to Emmanuel College - it was one of my top choices, so I applied Early Action II - and it was one of the first schools that I sent everything to in terms of SAT scores and my Common Application. I'm expecting a decision on the 15th (this Wednesday) -- but tonight, at around 5pm, my father received a phone call from the head of admissions (whom I spoke to before through email about some questions I had a few months back) - my father didn't answer the phone because he didn't recognize the number.

She left a message explaining that she wanted to speak to me "at my earliest convenience" -- which is weird. My father thinks its really bad (like I'm missing something critical from my application, which I doubt, because it was the first school to get SAT scores from me back in Oct. and it was literally the first school I applied to, so I made sure everything was perfect.) I don't know what to think. Emmanuel is perfect for me because it's in Boston, it has my major, and it's a lot less of a financial burden than my other two choices - BU and NEU.

What could the call tentatively mean? I know answers are going to be merely speculation - but my parents and I are new to the college thing, they're immigrants and I'm the first to go to college, so all of this is terrifyingly new.
Post edited by preamble1776 on

Replies to: HALP! What does this mean?