Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Cute!

TroubleinaboxTroubleinabox Posts: 227Registered User Junior Member
edited May 2006 in High School Life
One of the guys that makes the announcements in the morning did the cutest thing ever today. For one of the classes in my school, every year the students have to 'marry' some one(planning from proposal to ceremony). Well, this year this guy decided he was going to ask the girl over the intercom. He had left a present under her seat in class and told her to look. It was so cute. Does anything cute like that happen in your school?
Post edited by Troubleinabox on

Replies to: Cute!

• logisticslordlogisticslord Posts: 2,225Registered User Senior Member
    we did that one day in health...only our marriages were arranged through a hat
  • kman1456kman1456 Posts: 4,045Registered User Senior Member
    No, but once someone sent a prom invitation through a troubadour group in which they participated. I was not in the class the year it was done (it caught on, and the next year students could buy singing valentines for their loved ones. It was quit after my freshman year for some reason which I do not know.)
  • TroubleinaboxTroubleinabox Posts: 227Registered User Junior Member
    This is their whole fourth marking period grade(well a big part of it). It's bad news if they fail.
  • Dave_BerryDave_Berry Posts: 33,345CC Admissions Expert Senior Member
    Wait, the marriage is for a grade?
    The proposal, the planning, an engagement party, peer evaluation, and a few other things. The ceremony is just finishing off the deal because everything that is being graded is being handed in the day before.
  • purrlipurrli Posts: 2,682Registered User Senior Member
    is this for a biology project where you are supposed to "have a kid" with someone in your class?
    Probably would be a health class if anything.
    No, I think it is the Sociology class and it's just the up through the marriage.
  • Dave_BerryDave_Berry Posts: 33,345CC Admissions Expert Senior Member
    Would the pair get a lower grade if the girl refused to say “I do?”
    I think something like that might work in the Asian Studies class when Heian age literature is being read...but the students would hate it. It would sound like an AP Dating and Relationships assignment. (If that class was ever invented...)
    that's depressing - getting heartbroken over a school project...
    I'm not sure if the grade would be lower. I'll find out when I take sociology, but that won't be until my senior year.

Oh and thinking about the proposals reminds me of what someone did last year. Some guy wrote his proposal on the entire side of the wall of the school, so she would see it when she went to her car.
  • Olive_TreeOlive_Tree Posts: 3,108Registered User Senior Member
    My best friend and I had a child together in biology class.
    I had to do that too, except the person wasn't my friend. awkward....-_-;;
    Could you imagine the problems if people were graded on a Health final by whether or not a student got a prom date by the end of the year.