Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

High School Class of 2020

Replies to: High School Class of 2020

• collegeready33collegeready33 Registered User Posts: 138 Junior Member
    @thehhs12 I actually am very interested in business and entrepreneurship. I know that when I'm older I want to be a business owner, but I'm not sure what business lol.
    Wow a lot of you guys are taking Psats too!
  • MahindraMahindra Registered User Posts: 325 Member
    @thehhs12 I am good at english and have decent essay skills but hate writing about certain more philosophical/abstract topics. EX. What is the meaning of nature?
  • ltwixsterltwixster Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    @collegeready33 Yep, first thing Wednesday morning :-S
    Just finished my PSAT and I'm ready to kill my proctor. So you know the second math section where you're allowed to use calculators? Well guess what? My teacher was unable to recognize that graphing calculators were calculators and didn't allow us to use the calculators during that section so we had to do it by hand. It wasn't hard or anything, but it utilizied a lot more brain power that needed using
  • nerdy01nerdy01 Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    @collegeready33 Ugh, there has to be some kind of complaint you can make to the College Board about that. I hope our proctors don't make the same mistake, i doubt they will though, since they have done this many times before.
    How did you all feel about the PSAT? I was surprised about how it compared with the practice tests my school gave me - it was a lot easier (I thought). Did anyone else do practice tests and have comparisons?
    I didn't do any prep this year, because it doesn't matter yet and I wanted to see what an SAT would be like. I'm living for the memes though
  • thehhs12thehhs12 Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    Lol! :-j!
    My school gave out the practice test from the PSAT manual, but did not recommend we study for it! I brushed up a little bit, but not that much. I didn't finish all of it? Did you guys finish it? Does it count for you guys, it doesn't for us!
    The memes developed were really funny and that's what I lived for as well!
  • MahindraMahindra Registered User Posts: 325 Member
    @thehhs12 We didnt even get ours
    It's PSAT day!!! And also homecoming day!
    edited October 14
    @thehhs12 We did get a practice test. I went through the reading and writing/language sections because they were new to me but my math teacher spent a day going over standardized test math questions and stuff because I'm in a senior math class and they're all taking the SAT
  • Microsoft_NinjaMicrosoft_Ninja Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    Yeah, the psat was pretty easy.
  • moonquismmoonquism Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    the reading wasn't that hard, the hardest passage was probably the political speech one
    the writing seemed a lot harder than the practice test
    and the math was really easy
  • Microsoft_NinjaMicrosoft_Ninja Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    Wow, I haven't seen @onlyworthypotato

Post in a while
    edited October 15
    The PSAT math was scarily easy. :( Reading was pretty hard. Writing was pretty easy as well :)

Just hoping for the best now!