Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

High School Class of 2021

FuturePICUNurseFuturePICUNurse Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
Hi everyone! I know that it's a little early to start this thread, but as current 8th graders, we should be looking forward to our futures.

Replies to: High School Class of 2021

• awesomepolyglotawesomepolyglot Registered User Posts: 3,502 Senior Member
    Oh my goodness wow
  • adiacsadiacs Registered User Posts: 562 Member
  • Shanban1607Shanban1607 Registered User Posts: 543 Member
    edited August 2016
    Dude, you literally just entered 8th grade... Take a year to chill, then come back here.
  • FuturePICUNurseFuturePICUNurse Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    Give it 2-3 months and my fellow 21-ers will show up.
    @awesomepolyglot Ok. I apologize for my previous statement. It's just that I've had to grow up fast and I thought that I would fit in well on this website.
  • awesomepolyglotawesomepolyglot Registered User Posts: 3,502 Senior Member
    Most people on here will tell you to get off of this website, especially the people who started at your age.

(For us 19ers, we still feel like 2020 is eighth grade. Give us some time to adjust ;) )
  • ZealousScholarZealousScholar Registered User Posts: 225 Junior Member
    It's not a bad thing that you are starting early, but it's not needed. It's most likely your last year with no CB-type exams (enjoy that while you can).
    You can plan for your high school but try not to stress about it.
    Also, none of my fellow 19-ers are being condescending. We've experienced the transition to high school, and are just advising you to enjoy 8th grade.
  • raventhemageraventhemage Registered User Posts: 332 Member
    Hello there FuturePICUNurse, I'm also an 8th grader here, and I agree with the high school people, it's good to learn more about college and whatnot, but don't stress. :) You were right about us showing up in 2-3 months though :D

Of course, 8th grader is a tad bit early, but I'm starting to kick all my ECs into high gear.
    Oh wow, that smiley is creepy.
  • VANURSEPRACVANURSEPRAC Registered User Posts: 541 Member
    Hello @FuturePICUNurse , so you want to be a pedi ICU nurse. I, myself am a Acute Care NP and Family NP. I do recommend the field of nursing. The field has so many options. You will find a job where ever you chose to live.
    Please go for a tradition BSN program.
    I too knew I wanted to be a nurse from a young age and it suited my nature and personality.

I have a daughter that is class of 2021 and she only knows what she does not want to do. Nursing and medschool are not her thing.

Best of luck to you and I am sure we will touch base in the future.

Thanks so much @VANURSEPRAC !!!
    So, I thought that we could share our current courses to compare schedules.

Algebra 1 Honors- HS Credit
    Advancd Science
    Advanced English
    Advanced U.S History
    Spanish 1- I go to the computer lab to take this class through FLVS
    Advanced Dance

Hopefully, I end up taking my P.E credit class for HS in the summer, as well as a 3 credit dual enrollment class in public speaking. It counts towards my A.A degree, and if I get that before I graduate, I can complete my BSN in two years and not miss any actual nursing courses.
    You're so lucky! Your school offers advanced history, science, and english.....and even dance class! My school has leveled classes in both elementary and middle school for science, english, and history, which is really annoying. This is why I'm longing for high school. However my school district does offer summer school for advanced credit, and I plan on taking the required Biology class (I'll be taking Biology H) during that time so I can do Chemistry H in freshmen year instead.

We don't get to choose anything except for what music, language, and art/tech-ed class(es) we take. My schedule of 8th grade is as follows:

Geometry H
    Science
    English
    Social Studies
    Spanish 1
    The following are in a six day rotation: Health, Phys Ed, Orchestra, Chorus
    The following are in a three day rotation: Challenge (the gifted program class, which is basically just literature class), Family and Consumer Science, Art

However, in high school, we are finally able to pick and choose our classes. My schedule for freshmen year is as follows:

Chemistry H
    Algebra 2 H
    PE 9
    Global Studies 1 H
    English 1 H
    Spanish 2 H
    Metal Arts 1 the first semester and Ceramics 2 the second semester
    Study Hall period to complete hw and such.