Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

June 2017 Living Environment Regents

Replies to: June 2017 Living Environment Regents

• rangersdude812rangersdude812 Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    The January 2017 bar graph scoring key says:
    "An appropriate scale only needs to include the data range in the data table."
    Thus, I believe I can get away with having only 35-95 on my y-axis!
    Other questions:

- burning of fossil fuels leads to... (MC)
    - kitten has black fur because... (MC)
    - meiosis and recombination was the answer? (MC)
    - dissection was an answer? (MC)
    @terracollege Thanks for verifying that starting at 35 is acceptable! I believe a break is when you start at 0, then go to 35, and then increase by whatever number you choose (ex. 10)
  • RubySaphireRubySaphire Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Was the meiosis and mitosis question the one where it asks something related to evolution of species or variation related? I think I know what you're talking about but I can't think of the exact question. I put meiosis and differentiation because they both provide variation
  • marina181marina181 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    for the harbor one- what did you put for why biodiversity should be preserved? and also what did you say for why sharks would be attracted to the harbor after the spill
    the question that asked about clams and bacteria under ice does anyone remember what they put for that
    @rangersdude812
    1)Forgot
    2)I put genetic variation from both parents bc the kitten's father has black fur giving it a chance of having it as well
    3) That's what I put because that leads to evolution and variation
    4)That's what I put. Took me a while to think about that
  • moonquismmoonquism Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    Biodiversity should be preserved because if an environmental change occurs, it is more likely to have surviving organisms in the ecosystem. And for why the sharks were attracted to there I said because there were resources that weren't being used anymore since all the organisms there died, but I just made that up
    what about the one that asked why hiv individuals with cancer would differ from non hiv? that confused me
    @marina181
    I put biodiversity should be preserved because the more variation in an ecosystem, the better the stability because of variation.
    I said sharks would be attracted to the molasses spill in the harbor bc they can feed on the dead fishes for food.
  • Angie112Angie112 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    @marina181 I put that the immune system is weakened and it can't fight the cancer cells effectively
  • Angie112Angie112 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Can you tell me about the question with the puppies?
  • Sumrandomguy357Sumrandomguy357 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    I put meiosis and recombination since the differentiation is only making the functions of the cells different theyre not catually changing the genetic makeup.
  • TestFinesseGodTestFinesseGod Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    the answer was meiosis and recombination ~ TestFinesseGod
  • TestFinesseGodTestFinesseGod Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Aye someone lemme know what the florida panther question was about ion even remember that i prob got it right tho because i finesse all the tests