Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We've just launched our new college search tool at http://www.collegeconfidential.com/schools. Use this form to provide feedback as we continue to work toward a more robust solution to best meet your needs.

2017 June Physics Regent

alexhuang76alexhuang76 Registered User Posts: 96 Junior Member
Hi.
I would like to ask how was the Physics regent? Let's discuss.

Replies to: 2017 June Physics Regent

• e23456e23456 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Honestly it wasn't too bad. I only had a problem with 5 of the multiple choice questions and 1 question in part b-2.
    Other than that I think I did pretty well
  • alexhuang76alexhuang76 Registered User Posts: 96 Junior Member
    Honestly, I thought it was very difficult. For the first short response, what was the number of quarks of the nucleus?
    Yea I also didn't know that one. I guessed 9 because it said 2 protons and 1 nucleus and each proton and nucleus is made up of 3 quarks
    I said 9 too!
    Do you know the question where it asked to draw the resultant displacement, I was confused?
    & there was one that asked for 'RATE'
    sorry I don't remember those questions. I only remember like 10 of the questions lol
    You have to be more specific
    The displacement question was a short answer question, it tells you to draw the resultant.
    The RATE question was also a short answer regarding the parallel circuit question.
    Which ones did you remember? I want to double check.
  • KFSMomKFSMom Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Our school district has 100 percent pass. Son got a 96. He thought the short answer was hard.
    Wow! Your son did a great job, congratulations! I thought the whole test was difficult. Your son's school received the scores already?
  • fluffybearfluffybear Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
    we still haven't received our scores yet :( our teacher predicts it will be either tues or wed...

btw what did you guys think of the question on short answer with the 20m/s horizontal velocity where you had to express something in terms of d?

i put 2d cause i just guessed
    I don't remember that question, I forgot.
    Our schools are in the city so we get our scores so late..
    Any other questions that you remember?
  • IgotmyionyouIgotmyionyou Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    For the displacement one you subtracted the heights since they were coming from different directions, and for the rate one you solved for power. That took me forever to figure out!
  • IgotmyionyouIgotmyionyou Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    2d was right(:
    Was that the question where you had to draw the displacement resultant or something?