Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Drop out AP Biology or AP Language and Composition?

hsgirlpn9hsgirlpn9 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hello this is my first time here on the forums! :)

I am currently a junior in high school and I am trying to decide which AP course I should drop. Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking when I signed up for these AP courses. When I signed up for AP Biology, I wanted to pursue a career in the medical field, but I changed my mind. In AP Biology, the class in general is going okay for me. My teacher doesn't teach us much so therefore we have to do a lot of self studying, which I am not really into that. The exams are pretty hard too, but if I put more effort into studying, then I would be good to go. But overall, I feel like it's too much for me to handle and I already know I will fail this class eventually.

In AP Language, I can't seem to understand anything in this class. We do a lot of writing already (argumentative writing which the teacher never taught us to do that), but I don't have strong writing skills. We also do TONS of group projects, but generally I am a quiet person who doesn't talk a lot, so this makes it a lot harder for me. Everyone understands what they are doing and communicates with each other. I feel like I don't belong in this class. Plus, I have the same English teacher from last year and I would like to have an opportunity to have a different teacher.

Overall, dropping one of these classes would reduce my stress and anxiety. Plus, I want to have more time to study for my SAT and ACT. I really would like to hear your guys' opinions on which class should I drop out. Thank you.

Replies to: Drop out AP Biology or AP Language and Composition?