Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Drop AP Spanish Lang? Is the exam difficult?

freyyzfreyyz Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited September 13 in High School Life
I'm currently a junior taking AP Spanish Lang and Culture. I'm homeschooled so I am taking this course online. But my online school did not offer Spanish 3 or Spanish 4, so I had to jump from Spanish 2 to AP Spanish. On top of this, I'm taking 4 other AP courses and most of my time goes towards Spanish since it takes me longer to understand and analyze. It is proving to be very difficult so I was wondering, would dropping this look bad for college since I only have 2 language credits? Another option I was wondering was just completing the course and not taking the AP exam because I'm afraid of completely failing it. What would be the best option?

Replies to: Drop AP Spanish Lang? Is the exam difficult?

• IAmNotCreativIAmNotCreativ Registered User Posts: 780 Member
    Is there a way for you to take Spanish courses through dual enrollment? If so, you could start in Spanish 2 and continue from there.
  • bopperbopper Registered User Posts: 7,503 Senior Member
    You shoudl find a way to take SPanish 3 some other way.
  • DadTwoGirlsDadTwoGirls Registered User Posts: 2,020 Senior Member
    It sounds like the jump from jump from Spanish 2 to AP is just too large a jump. I can see that this would take too much time away from your other classes, and am inclined to agree with @bopper that you need to find a different way to take Spanish 3. To me this would imply dropping AP Spanish for now.

I know that some universities offer immersion French classes that you can take over the summer. There should be something similar that you could do for Spanish.
  • lookingforwardlookingforward Registered User Posts: 23,720 Senior Member
    edited September 16
    Right, of course it's too huge a jump, without better background. Yes, it's far better to have 3 years than two. Now's your chance to do some problem solving. See what a local college offers or a different online program.