Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

dropping AP class 2nd semester

awilson45awilson45 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
I took AP Seminar this year (junior) because I was interested in attempting to get the AP Capstone diploma. There are only 6 juniors in the class this year so the guidance office said AP Research will NOT be offered. I do not want to take the class any longer because it is so unorganized and I never know what is going on. The teacher never fully explains and the turn around for the assignments are very, very short. I can not drop the class until semester or it will go on my transcript. Should I ride it out the whole year? I am going to end up paying about $150 to take the exam and I may not even pass it. Please give me some suggestions.

Replies to: dropping AP class 2nd semester

• fadelessfadeless Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    edited September 28
    What other classes are you currently taking along with AP Seminar? How about next semester? What is your current grade in AP Seminar? If you feel strongly about dropping AP Seminar 2nd semester, then just go along with it. Rather than paying $150 to take an exam you might not even pass, just opt to take a different course in 2nd Semester. Definitely talk to your guidance counselor about your choices. Anyways, good luck and do well :)
  • bopperbopper Registered User Posts: 7,767 Senior Member
    I don't see any point in riding it out.
  • awilson45awilson45 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    edited October 12
    I have to ride it out because I chose to drop AP Biology and my guidance counselor advised me to not drop two AP classes at the same time.
  • awilson45awilson45 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    I'm currently taking AP Eng Lit/Comp, AP Calc AB, Spanish 3 Hon, APUSH, and a Current issues class. Next semester it'll be the same but with a business class instead of current issues. I currently have 90% in the class but my teacher just gives us grades with no explanation and is very unprofessional. I've talked to my guidance counselor about it and she said she would have a conversation with my teacher but nothing has changed. I will most likely be dropping it at semester.