Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Essays submitted on Turnitin

samthelambmansamthelambman Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
A few weeks ago I submitted a 2-page paper for my writing class on Turnitin. I am currently writing my midterm paper that is supposed to be an expanded version of the original 2-page paper. Both papers are for the same class, so I am wondering if Turnitin will count it as plagiarism if I use the original 2-page paper in a section of my midterm paper?

Replies to: Essays submitted on Turnitin

• happy1happy1 Registered User Posts: 17,540 Senior Member
    Only your teacher can give you the answer. I expect that you should not just cut and past the two pages into your midterm paper, but rather expand on it.
  • samthelambmansamthelambman Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    What would you say if it's mostly data like and price comparisons?
  • YarnweaverYarnweaver Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
    From what I've been told, Turnitin will mark that portion as plagiarized.
  • techmom99techmom99 Registered User Posts: 1,747 Senior Member
    If your teacher got the first portion and saw it wasn't marked as plagiarized, then the second paper should be fine. Talk to your teacher and find out what the parameters are. If you are supposed to expand on the first short paper, then you should be able to cut and paste it as it's your work. Ask.