Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Destinos ~ spanish telenovela

williamsf1 fanwilliamsf1 fan Posts: 215Registered User Junior Member
edited June 2006 in High School Life
Has anyone else watched Destinos for Spanish? And typically what level do you watch it in? I've heard usually level 2...but we watched it in level 4, though we thought it was very very stupid and a lot of the grammar/vocab was very basic...

And what kinds of related projects did you do? We did an alternative ending/lost episode kind of thing for our final.

Do you guys like it? We all hate it, but secretly love laughing at Raquel/Arturo/Luis
Post edited by williamsf1 fan on

Replies to: Destinos ~ spanish telenovela

• Doogie311Doogie311 Posts: 1,723Registered User Senior Member
    DESTINOS!!! Raquel had the potential to be so hot...arturo was a tool

we didnt do much, we just answered those question sheets along with the film...our teacher as fond of beavis and butthead, so needless to say, he no longer teachers at my HS.

Great Year tho, i loved it!
  • ElissaeElissae Posts: 30Registered User Junior Member
    Umm....I didn't like it that much. Maybe it was because my school is messed up about using the telenovela as a teaching tool. We watch random episodes throughout Spanish 3 to Spanish 4. We'd skip 2-3 episodes between each time we watch it. I have a very vague idea of the plotline. I never paid attention because we only had to fill out worksheets that our teacher would go over at the end of the episode.

At least it wasn't as bad a La Catrina, a bad, very dramatic telenovela that we watched in Spanish 2.
  • thesiren72102thesiren72102 Posts: 1,672Registered User Member
    I watched it!!! But I never got to the end of it, I think we only got to episode 10, where she learned that Don Fernando had a son named, Angel, and Rosario and Angel lived in Argentina, where she remarried another man after the Spanish Civil War.

We didn't do any projects; we just filled in the blanks on a worksheet that was related to the show. We watched it in level 3, and I heard that we are going to watch the rest of it in level 4.

I liked it, because it was somewhat interesting and it got us out of doing spanish grammer. There were times when I was laughing at them,too, because some of the acting was ridiculous, overall it's a good show for spanish beginners or if someone wants to self-study spanish from scratch.
  • sugerkimsugerkim Posts: 388Registered User Member
    My schools starts it in Spanish 1 and you finish in level 2. I was placed ion accelerated Spanish 2 when I switched schools and we had to write summaries of the episodes.

I didn't really like it because I only watched the last 6 or 7 episodes, so I didn't really get the story.
  • hotpiece101hotpiece101 Posts: 4,042Registered User Senior Member
    i loved destinos. we started watching it in level 3 and finished in 4. it was wonderful...